VISION - Inspiring Dreams * Empowering Minds * Strengthening Community
MISSION STATEMENT - Our purpose is to create pathways to intellectual, social and emotional success for all individuals we serve by fostering positive relationships and adding value to the greater community.
As the buildings heat up through the week
and projections of 90+degree temperatures
Momence Schools will dismiss early on
September 2, September 3 and September 4
There will be No PM PreK
Je-Neir: 1:00 dismissal (Bus Riders)
12:50 (Walkers/Car Riders)
Jr. High: 1:05 dismissal
High School: 1:10 dismissal
All activities in the evening will go on as scheduled
Sporting Events Admission Prices for 2015-2016
(Jr. High/High School)
All Adults: $4.00,
Student w/out an ID: $3.00
Student w/ID: $1.00
PreK-4th grade: $1.00
Adults: (65 and older) Free
Helpful Staff Links
Other Helpful Links
When I was taking my course work for becoming a superintendent, I was told to close the door and read good educational materials every day. I have to admit that doesn't always happened but I have come across a couple of books. John Gordon, the author of The No Complaining Rule and The Hard Hat has really inspired me. It is my desire to lead positively and to help my staff do the same.
This year we will focus on our road to success and the construction and hard work it takes to get there. In a construction zone the process seems slow and nothing is easy. Many times it is frustrating and we get upset but when we finish the project it becomes very rewarding. We are proud of our accomplishments. To help us in our progress I am asking each of you to do the following:
- Monitor your thoughts and words. Spend time to see what pops into your head and comes out of your mouth. Evaluate what you find out.
- Make a Gratitude list. As soon as you get up make a list of things you are thankful for. When your focus turns negative look at your list instead.
- Take a Thank-You Work-out. Physical activity helps to clear the mind. Make a mental note of what you are thankful for and carry that with you all day.
- Focus on the Good Stuff. Just for the day focus on what is good rather than wrong. See what others are doing right instead of wrong. Praise instead of criticize. What do you get to do versus what you have to do.
- Start a success journal. Write down all your great interactions with your family, colleagues and students.
- Let go. Make a list of things you would like to complain about. Review your list of what you have the power to change and those beyond your control. Identify the solution and make an action plan to address your complaints. Finally write the word surrender next to the ones out of your control.
- Breathe. Spend 10 minutes in silence. This is a time I use to pray.
Our jobs are very difficult at times but very rewarding. We all want the same thing which is to become excellent educators and give our students the best possible education. I hope you will join me as a united team to move our district forward to reach all stakeholders. Each day make every effort to build each other up as a staff. We can accomplish more by building each other up and being honorable teammates.
Great things will happen in FY16. I am asking all our stakeholders to put on your tool belts, steel toed shoes, and hard hats. The construction zone is about to begin. I am excited about the journey and look forward to working with you this school year.